- Was it a good deal for Google ? ( I've seen few question whether it was a good deal for MMI)
- Was it primarily for the patents?
- What will Google do with the handset business?
- How will it effect others in the Android ecosystem?
- What will Google do with the Horsham-based Motorola Home business? (cable/video products)
- What will it mean for Google TV?
- What is the fallout for King of Prussia-based InterDigital, since this may means the collapse of its deal prospects with Google?
Here is a selected sampling of reactions and analysis:
Motorola + Sprint = Google's AT&T, Verizon and Comcast Killer (Forbes)
With Motorola, Google TV just got a huge shot in the arm (Gigaom)
On Motorola and Google TV (Zatz Not Funny!)
Motorola Could Get Google Closer to Your Living Room — If the Cable Guys Play Along (All Things Digital)
Why Google Is Spending $12.5 Billion to Acquire Motorola Mobility (Hollywood Reporter)
Google Plays Favorites With Moto Buy (Light Reading Mobile)
Quick and easy fix for all Android patent problems. Google should buy Motorola (Unwired View)
This writer predicted the deal two weeks ago.
Microsoft Was About To Do A Major Patent Deal With Motorola Before Google Came Swooping In (Silicon Alley Insider)
Everyone Who Thinks Google's Just Going To Spin Off Motorola's Lousy Hardware Business Needs To Consider Another Scary Possibility... (Silicon Alley Insider)
Editorial: Engadget on Google's Motorola Mobility acquisition
6 Products that Could Come from the Google-Motorola Deal (PC World)
InterDigital skids after Google goes for Motorola Mobility (Reuters)